Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've missed running...

I slept horribly Sunday night. I could barely keep my eyes opened so I went home Monday afternoon & tried to nap. No luck... too hot. I was feeling a bit stressed from work as well. The run would have done more for me than napping which I couldn't manage anyhow. I worked late Tuesday evening & didn't get home until nearly 7 PM. I blew it off tonight. I was actually thinking that I had some things to take care of this evening... then remembered that I'd rescheduled for the weekend. That's too bad because it had cooled off somewhat today. The temperature is supposed to rise over the next three days & be back up around 90 by Sunday.

I haven't been up to Woodland Park yet to view the Krav Maga classes. I was hoping to make it up there this week but I really need to run so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow night. Viewing the class will have to wait. They have the online schedule updated & the new classes begin tentatively on September 23rd. I'm still very interested in checking the course out. The extra time means that I can keep working on the fitness level. I should be well into running full 5k's by then. I may even begin stretching the time & distance out.

Running the 5k's will be fairly easy but two 10k's per week may actually be more beneficial for me. I'd be able to fit in some strength training then as well. I really need to start up on the strength training... and abdominal work! I'm getting the fat down fairly quickly... but you can't really tell because of the abdominal atrophy.

No comments: