Sunday, July 26, 2009

Interval Session Seventeen...

[I'm not counting Friday's run as it was a makeup for not having done anything for the previous week. So we're back on track on the Couch-to-5k as of today...}

Wow! I didn't set the alarm last night... but I still managed to wake up around 7:30 AM. This put me at the trailhead & actually moving by 8:45 AM. This session was the usual 5-minutes warm up with two ten-minute running session, a separator or 3-minutes & then a short 3 or 4-minute cool down.

It felt GREAT! I felt much lighter on my feet than in previous sessions & I suspect that this was due to running the river trail on Friday. I think that the extra resistance added some leg conditioning. I just felt like either my legs were stronger or my body was lighter. (Same thing I suppose. A different description of the same sensations…)

So I think I’m going to begin running that river trail occasionally for the extra conditioning. It definitely works the legs hard. I might pick up a pair of trail running shoes… but I’m wondering if that will partially negate the effects of running on that surface. The trail shoes have the knobby soles & I imagine that they give a better grip & offer a bit more control & forgiveness on and & such. We shall see.

I'm glad that I decided to get down there arly. It's beginning to heat up. I rolled through Puyallup at around 8:30 & it was 69 degrees. I think it was in the low 70's while I was running. There was a steady breeze so it was very comfortable. I got done just in time because by the time I got back home around 10 AM it was climbing to the low 80's already.

No comments: