Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interval Session Fourteen

The sessions are getting kicked up a notch. Today it was two 8-minute running segmens with a 5-minute waslking "erst" interval in between. I think that I actually preferred todays session over the previous ones. There were only two running segments. It seemed like it was easier for me to focus this way rather than with the multiple broken running portions.

It rained while I was on the trail. It started about 1/4 of the way into the run & came down hard eough to get me good & wet. It was unpleasant... but it did manage to keep me cool. I regretted not wearing the Under Armor, which I had considered very breifly. The stuff I have is for cold weather though so it may have been to hot once I started moving. I suppose I'll hae to start shopping for some type of rain gear.

No shin pain at all today; walking or running. My quads did the majority of the work & I can feel it there & in my calves. I'm going to be sore tomorrow morning. Still, today I felt far closer to running a full 5k session than I have before.

No comments: