Thursday, July 9, 2009

Interval Session Thirteen

It's the beginning of week 5 of the Couch-to-5k. Yes, I took a few extra days off. Right now I'm regretting it... not because I feel like I slipped... but because I want to get it over with. Actually, I feel pretty good.

I did this session on the treadmill. I got home late from work & didn't feel like making the trek to McMillin. This treadmill is... well seasoned. It feels too danged narrow for one thing. It's also been used at this house mostly as a storage shelf... which hasn't done the life of it's inner mechanisms any good.

I did manage to hit the BPM's pretty close today though; especially on the 3rd & final running segment. The one significant problem that I had was that the machine seems to speed up after a while. So 3.3 MPH turns into 3.9 MPH instantaneously. HOW EXCITING! I don't know if I'm going to use it again. On teh one hand it felt "easier" but it was also awkward and unnatural. I kept having to adjust my gait & stride & was was constantly looking down to make certain I wasn't going to step wrong.

I took the extra days because I'd managed to screw my sleep schedule up again thanks to the four-day weekend I elected to enjoy. I got very little sleep Sunday, Monday or Tuesday nights. I could barely stay awake at work Monday & Tuesday.

This obviously pooched my plans to travel up to WoodladPark & check outthe Krav Maga class, but I can probably make it next week... if I don't end up working late again.

No comments: