Sunday, August 30, 2009

So The Plan Is...

Ah... Yes, the "plan" is to go running today* (getting ready right now) and hit the weights tomorrow. Then running again on Tuesday. I took last week off. So this week's 5k will be done having done absolutely nothing for seven days. I usually feel horrible after taking that long of a rest... but once again I wasn't sleeping well and I felt the need to "catch up".


We'll be starting completely from scratch on the strength training regimen... back onto the 5x5 routine of course. This week I'll be seeing how I can manage the adjustment. I expect to be completely exhausted by Friday. I predict having to make some MAJOR adjustments to my diet & sleep schedule. I'm going to need green vegetables & a decent amount of protein. (I need to check the expiration date on the yogurt in the refrigerator!)


* Finished todays run about 50-yards short. So once again, when I skip training session, my gait speeds up but my stride shortens. Still, it was a very good session. I wasn't as worn out at the end as I thought i would be. While the legs were feeling the work, I still had a little left when I hit the cool down point. My pace remained fairly steady this time as well. I didnt slow down & start dragging towards the end. Tomorrow should be interesting. I'm sure that I'll have to hold a gun to my head for the first weight lifting session.

No comments: