Monday, August 24, 2009

Graduation Day!

Wow... busy, busy... busy weekend! I haven't had time to post regarding the final run of my Couch-to-5k debut.

I ran Saturday. All went well. It was 69 degrees when I started out... and around 74 when I finished. The legs held up well... & I managed to get the distance down again. The stride and gait are beginning to even out and I appear to be getting stronger.

I still haven't decided how long I want to wait until I graduate to the 8k primer. I may check it out this evening to see how it's laid out.

The wedding was nice. Not to fancy. In fact I was overderessed even after taking off the tie. Apparently their version of "Black & white" was the color scheme (or lack thereof) so I standing next to people with black Levi's & white button downs... (or T-shirts). Yeah... I really felt justified in dropping $1k at Mens Warehouse over the last week.

Sheesh. That expenditure, combined with the auto repairs from Monday put a HUGE dent in the savings. It's going to take over a month to get the account back to the accoutn back where it needs to be. August was a cruel month financially.

No comments: