Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More On Language...

I went ahead and ordered some additional study materials:

The New World Spanish/English, English/Spanish Dictionary (El New World Diccionario español/inglés, inglés/español) (Spanish Edition)


-and -

Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish: A Creative and Proven Approach



I decided that a few more pieces of material couldn't hurt. The car CD set just doesn't seem to be ideal for learning at home. Of course, this is going to require that I clean off the computer desk a bit so that I can have a place to study. I can guarantee no meaningful assistance from the other residents at the domicile.


I perused the Pimsleur material as well. A very good course... but you need to continue buying the courses (naturally!)... and es demasiado caro! I may still look at those. Initially, they look to be priced close to the Rosetto Stone material for a comparable three-bundle program. I've found some sites that sell the downloadable materials for less. I may still look into it. They appear to be very thorough & effective.

Again, the priorities are; general fitness, self-defense training, language training & anything else I can pick up to give me some head start on the course. I've been looking at some of the Paladin publications & after buying the books on general terrorism, safety & security for living abroad I thought I might pick up a few additional volumes on driving. Specifically, general defensive driving as well as more specialized most dangerous roads related materials that cover road blocks, evasion, surveillence & similar topics.


No comments: