Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Krav Maga Junk...

I felt like posting again today. Work is going to be getting busy... or so goes the rumor. If by "busy" they mean that we're actually going to have a full weeks worth of work, then that's fine. It makes the days go faster. If they mean that we're going to start being slammed every night, mid-week... it's going to hack me off. I know it's easier for people who have nothing else going on in their lives.






I appreciate that it is about priorities. On the one hand, some people's priority is work, or their career. I can empathize with this. In uderstand & appreciate the interest, drive and passion. I simply no longer have such for that particular industry. As I mentioned before, with the pay cuts & other issues I've dealt with it's simply become obvious that the technology field is becomming like so many other fields; the days of big pay are over.



It's not just about the money however. I've also mentioned the mentality & the juvenile atmosphere that seems to pervade the environment. I wonder how much of this is linked to the interest in the field. The older employees I see don't seem to have the same ideology. The majority of tehm are in it to make their money & retire. The sooner the better Most of them don't seem to think much of it anymore either.

I'm tired of it all. I've been doing too long, things that I tried to convince myself I cared about. Well... I don't care about them. Worst of all, it's beginning to show a bit more every week. I'm sorry for that. I'd really like to finish out this contract and on a positive note.




My priorities are quite different. I've already mentioned them ad nauseum and to me, it is THOSE things that are going to take primacy in my life and on my calendar. I have my own health & career interests. I'm focusing on those.





Speaking of focus... if I EVER manage to get enrolled at Krav Maga Seattle I want to develop a solo-training regimine. These folks only train twice-per-week & I'm going to want some additional training. I may incorporate the 360-degree drills along with the punch-kick combinations into some type of aerobic session. Twice-per-week will still be a decent workout as they tend to incorporate a lot of conditioning in the classes. I would think that the classes, combined with Fartlek & some anerobic training should put me into fantastic condition within a few months. I tend to drop the flab pretty fast when I start hitting the cross training hard.

No comments: