Sunday, May 17, 2009

Into 2010...

I just received a response to my e-mail (one that I forgot I had sent... ?) regadring the 2010 schedule for CASS. They already have the 2010 schedule opened. There are currently four slots remaining for the September Orlando offering & 6 for November. The courses routinely are "full" with 6 candidates. It's likely that the four in Semptember will be filled by the time I have the full deposit saved.

So it's time to start cranking. I cannot afford to pull ANY money from savings now. (Luckily for me, I put some extra aside for this anyhow.) To get extra cash, I was planning on copying all of my music CD's to hard disk & selling the CD's. I may also begin dumping firearms. Sad yes... but even selling one will put me around $600 ahead.

I know that the economy isn't great for the seller... but with a good price, I should be able to unload the P220 for $600 fairly quickly. I'd sell them all if it would get me into the course... but again it depends on how they respond to my application. I will be including a letter... and I'm going to be honest about my interest & motivation for this training.



This is actually better in away; e.g., Fall & not Spring... because it means that I will have over a year to apply myself to the Spanish language, Krav Maga & some additional studies of close protection methodologies. I can also take another testing contract & simply commit to six months or so.

No comments: