Friday, April 24, 2009

Expatriation?

Yes, I'm still thinking about leaving. I'm trying tomake it a GOAL rather than a dream. Brazil is still looking very good. I stumbled across some old properties that I'd been looking at a year or so ago. I don't know if this particular place is still available but I really like the local. It's not as heavy a tourist haven as Rio, but it's still in a populated area with beaches & an airport. This particular property is located in Florianopolis on the southern coast about 200 miles south of Sao Paulo.



There's a Krav Maga Academy located about 20 miles north in Florianopolis. The property in these locations looks inexpensive as their not in the tourist locations... but are close enough to the larger cities that airports & such are easily accessible. I'm still interested in studying Krav Maga. Who knows if I'll be able to get the opportunity before the year is over. I haven't had very good luck so far & even if my health holds up I suspect that the hours at work are going to get crazy by Fall.


One of the questions on the (old) application for CASS was whether or not the applicant would be willing to move to South America to pursue contracts. This was before 9/11 & the latest nightmare in the Middle east. South America is where I want to be. More specifically... Brazil.


View Larger Map

Last week I apparently forgot to submit my hours. I must have hit Save at the end of the day thinking that I hit Submit. So when I fixed the problem yesterday, I wasn't expecting to get a pay check today. As a result, I pulled $400 out of savings. I was thinking that I could replace it when I got a double check next Friday. It turns out that I did get paid so I apparently got it turned in in time. (I still have some hours that have been submitted & paid but never approved. I have no idea how ot handle those now since that manager has left the team.)

So the account is back up to $2k. However, I won't be able to put little if anything in there this week because in anticipation of being broke, I decided to pay some additional bills & take the money out of the large check I expected next week to replace it. Still, I just made several payments within the last two weeks so I can probably put some extra in next pay period.

No comments: