Sunday, April 12, 2009

Employment Horizons...

After the meeting a wover a week ago, I was feeling positive about my prospects on this team. It only took a week of abnormal activity to change that 180 degrees. Changes have come up suddenly,... inlcuding the dropping of all the previous automation & even the previously supported platforms... & we now have no idea just what the eventual outcome will be.

So once again, I'm expecting to be jobless at the end of my 6-month run. This a may even occur before that. The lackof communication within this group is frustrating to say the least. I can assume that things may be a bit better if our manager was an FTE. He's not. So, he tends ot be left out of the loop just like the rest of us. We find out important details after-the-fact. Given this environment, I've been looking at other employment options. I cannot afford to try & survive on unemployment in anticipation of picking up another MS contract.

I'm a little over 1/4 of the way to having the funding for the Executive Protection course... but am preparing for the possibility that I will simply not be able to afford the advanced immersion course. I may have to settle for enrolling in the shorter, operator course. This isn't what I wanted, but being realistic about getting the opportunity to obtain the training would be best. When all is said & done, they may not even accept my application. If that happens, than I'm done. If it's accepted, then I'd prefer to stack the deck in my favor.

No comments: