Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ah... That's better!

The moratorium on overtime has been lifted... temporarily. We'll be working OT Firday, Saturday & Sunday. Essentially, we're looking at cranking out about a weeks worth of work in three days. That's one plus. I can use the money! If I work it, I should be able to get at least 24 hours out of it. I'd actually like to try & get over 36. I wouldn't mind an extra $1k on the next paycheck. That would wipe out a LARGE chunk of my debt... or take me much, much closer to my goal.

Oh... I forgot to mention the other timely & "glorious" news:

Hi Jon!

I spoke with ______ this afternoon and he mentioned that we’re in the process of drafting you a new contract so that you’re officially making time and half for your OT. Are you going to be available tomorrow morning or afternoon for me to swing by and have you sign it? If you’re around we could grab some coffee on campus as well and catch up. Let me know if you’re available for one or both of those and I’ll get this taken care of for you. Have a great rest of your day!



Yeah. I'd pretty much given up on that. It's quite a surprise. I complained a bit about it & I actually mentioned my "concerns" to this new rep (who's quite a hotty). We had lunch about a month ago. After our lunch, she'd sent me an e-mail asking me to respond to some question & to voice any issues that I had. I told her that I had originally been making time & a half, and had the contract copy & pay stubs to prove it. Then I didn't hear from her. I thought that she'd blown me off. Apparently, she did her homework & discovered that YES!, I actually HAD been contracted at 1.5 time for OT.

I can smell the

No comments: