Saturday, June 20, 2009

Interval Session Eight

I did my C25k session at Celebration trail today. I didn't feel like driving all the way down to McMIllin... but I knew that I had to run in orderto maintain the cycle. The closer running location makes blowing off the workout much more difficult. Yes boys and girls, that is important! As we all know, putting these things off feels great when you do it, but a month or two later, when you're still trying to fit into that "new" pair of pants it really BLOWS! I told myself I wasn't going to operate like that anymore.

I'll tell you this now... that trail is more difficult. Down a hill, up a hill, up another hill, down a hill, up a hill... turn around... down a hill... you get the idea. There's more than enough of a grade to the longer steeper portions to get me chugging. This wasn't the case over on McMilin. There were really only two (very slight) grades on that trail; only around 30-yards or so in length. By the time my legs began feeling them, I'd be at the top or bottom or the beat would have come down again. Not today.

On the downhill grades I had to hold back & maintain my pace or risk pounding my knees and to pieces. On the steeper upgrades I had to push in order not to simply be running in place. I liked it & this will probably end up being my regular path.

There's one thing that I don't like about it. It's frequented by... scumbags. When I got back to the car the FPD had some woman seated on the sidewalk & were running her for warrants. Her boyfriend was trying to stay out of sight of the po-po.. but still remain close enough to see what was happening. He looked like a dope dealer that was moonlighting as a ghetto caddy. I didn't like him hanging around the parked cars. Yup. It's Federal Way alright.

Anyhow, the run went well. I've adjusted my posture and while I still had some shin discomfort... it was NOWHERE NEAR what I went through on Monday. I concentrated on keeping my shoulders back, even while jogging. No knee or ankle discomfort either. I'm spent right now but it feels great! Now I'm wondering if I can get in a weight lifting session tomorrow or Monday.

Lastly, no Krav Maga this summer. There is no startup class being offered. The advanced class begins on July 9th so that will run into September. I'm not waiting until September for self-defense trianing. I'm calling Bradley J. Steiner next week to set up an appointment.

No comments: