Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

... but I'm going shopping for some running gear Friday afternoon. I already have shoes. I have a decent pair of Asics that should last me another month or so. They're virtually brand new. What I really need is some shorts. It's been scaring teh crap out of 90-degrees the last two days & I only have long sweats. That's fine for Spring & Fall... but in this type of heat it's ridiculous.

I hate to shop there, but Sports Authority has the best selection & price... & they have a HUGE store right down the road at the Stuper Mall. I'd rather go some place more "local" but that means Big 5 & every time I go there it's like a few hundred people hace already been through every rack.

I want something synthetic... with a danged liner. The lighter the better. I've seen some pretty cheap varieties down there & I should be able to pick up several pair for only around $20 a whack. It's a bit too early for me to be sporting tank tops & such. I refuse to subject anybody to that show. Besides, I'm wearing the Carhart T-shirts so I can keep the MP3 player in the breast pocket.

No comments: