Monday, February 23, 2009

Workout Number Three

Not my best... & definitely not my worst. I was somewhat psyched for this one all day.

Overhead Press: 1x5 @ 50 pounds, 1x5 @ 60 pounds & 3x5 @ 70 pounds.

I could feel the difference in the weight today. The work sets were more challenging (not making teh mistake of doing more than 5 reps because they were so light).

High Pulls: 1x5 @ 70 pounds, 1x5 @ 80 pounds & 3x5 @ 90 pounds.

I felt these tonight... & more in my upper back, shoulders & traps. I had one twinge... knowing before I completed the pull that I was in the wrong position. I was trying to concentrate more on these during execution. Pull with the traps, shoulders back, up on the toes. Most sets hit my back fairly hard. A few of them hammer my traps. I'll get this down before the weight really starts getting up there.

Squats: 1x5 @ 55 pounds, 1x5 @ 65 pounds & 3x5 @ 75 pounds.

I felt good on these tonight. Again I felt the weight difference. I'm still noticing the different positioning (strength & flexibility) between the left & righ tleg, but it appears to be evening out. I did notice a tendency to roll the right foot up onto the ball. I think I'm trying too hard for depth. Be patient. Put enough weight on the bar & gravity will take care of the depth all by itself. I just need to allow my legs to adjust slowly because it's been too long for me to try rushing my form.


Bentover Rows: 1x5 @ 55 pounds, 1x5 @ 65 pounds & 3x5 @ 75 pounds.


I worked these pretty hard this evening. I blew through the warmup sets without taking things too seriously... but yet again I felt the weigh tdifference & decided to work them slowly & deliberately. I'll be feeling those later because I really started feeling the lats.

No comments: