Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Workout Number Four

This was one of those "I really don't feel like it" sessions. I haven't slept well the past two nights. I'll probably take Friday nigh toff & train Saturday during the day. I wanted to video tape a session anyhow so that works.

Overhead Presses: 1x5 @ 52.5 Pounds, 1x5 @ 62.5 Pounds & 3x5 @ 72.5 Pounds.

These are starting to feel like work. Now excrutiating... but "work". It has me wonderin ghow long i'll be able to keep up the 2.5 pound additions.

High Pulls: 1x5 @ 80 Pounds, 1x5 #@ 90 Pounds & 3x5 @ 100 Pounds.

These still feel awakward & I had a sensation after the last training session that I'm trying ot over analyze the movement. Tonight I just tried to focus on the shrug & the toes. They seems a bit stronger. I felt it some in the traps & a lot in the upper back. They should improve with time. I think it will also help once I can set teh bar down. Right now the plate size is forcing me to either go too far down (if I want to put the bar on the floor & reset) or hold it at a static level. That wasn't so bad when it was only 50 to 60 pounds... but with 90 to 100 pounds on the bar, I think it's what's wearing me out. They just didn't seem as hard to do a few years ago. Then again, I've lost so much muscle mass & strength that I'm basically starting from scratch here. It's really like I've never trained before.

Squats: 1x5 @ 55 Pounds, 1x5 @ 65 Pounds & 3x5 @ 75 Pounds.

These feel better every time I do them. I found mysel wanting badly to get through teh high[ulls & on to the squats. (That probably won't last much longer.) I can still notice the issue withthe strength & flexibility inthe left leg, but I think if I don't try to force the depth & just allow the legs time to even out strength wise all will be well.

Bent Over Rows: 1x5 @ 60 Pounds, 1x5 @ 70 Pounds @ 3x5 @ 80 Pounds.

Once again I really wanted to just get these overwith. I forced myself to do the warmup sets but didn't do any mental imaging. Still, I felt a good back & bicep workout during the sets.

Neck Work:

I've been doing this since the second workout. The head strap allows me one set each for the front & back & righ tnow I'm using a pair of 5-pound plates. I was thinking about adding a 2.5 pounder but decided to wait. For the sides I'm doing a plate raise with a 10-pound plates resting on a towel. That sets onteh side of my head. I lay on teh becn on my side & flex the head up & down. This also will get a weight increase in due time.

Ab Work:

Leg raqises again tonight. I added five reps for a total of 15. I'd really like some iron boots... but that's over $100 I cannot aford to part with right now. Eventually I'll start incorporating the heavy side bends along with the ab bench work. I don't know if I'll try ot cram all of that into each seesion or do a different exercie each time. Three exercises. Three workouts per week. I may do that with the grip work as well when i decide to start adding it in.

I managed to get the workout down under 2 hours tonight as well. Lord I'm tired... & so danged glad it's near the end of the week.

No comments: