Friday, February 20, 2009

Still A Little Sore?

Oh yes. Yes I am. The hamstrings ham been sore since Wednesday evening, right after the training session. My shoulders are just starting to tighten up now. I took tonight off & will be rested for session two tomorrow night.

I posted that first workout on Hard Gainer. I doubt that I'll post every session, but I may post once per month just to show my progress. The folks there are very supportive & there's a lot of information for sane lifters to garner.

I'm pretty psyched to get this rolling again. I've got six months until summer... what summer we have around here. That's about where I started seeing real progress the last time.

It's temptingto push it, but I'm weaker than it was back then. This is the longest I've ever gone without getting some lifting in for at least some type of cycle every few months.

I actually didn't intend on writing this much...

If my math is correct & I write off Ferbruary, that gives me 5 months until July. If I can manage to stick to three workouts per week, that's 20 weeks times three. If I can manage to add 5 pounds per session to the squats, high pull & bent over rows, that's 60 pounds per month. At 5 months, that will be 300 pounds. It also means 150 pounds added to the over head press.

That's seems pretty aggressive. Even if I only manage to add 10 pounds per week that's still going to put me over 200 pounds on the bar by July for the big movements & an addition of 100 pounds ot the OHP.



So...

Then the approximate targets would be thus:

Overhead Press @ 165 pounds
High Pull @ 285 pounds
Squats @ 265
Bent over rows @ 265

Realistically, 5 pounds per session is a slow, steady increase for the squats. I'm positive that I can manage that. It's what I was doing before on a two-day per week regimin... & not working at it much at all. I don't think that a three-day per week program is going to cripple me as long as I make certain that I stay focused.

If I can keep myself motivated I'll hammer those increases. Once the squat weight starts to move up everything else is going to follow.

No comments: