Sunday, March 8, 2009

It Can Stop Snowing Now!

Enough is enough! I have a feeling tht this is going to be one of those "Blizzard in April" years. I'm sick of it. I've got a cold to get over, I've got to get back into the gym... which means the basement... which means with snow on the gournd, sub-flippen-FREEZING temperatures down there.

The past few days have been almost bearable. Friday was chilly in the morning but the sun made a guest appearance. Same with Saturday. It wsa just nice ebough to coax people outside... then came rain, cold & snow... then some sun again... and promptly a 20-degree temperature drop. The cat's no dummy. He knew what was coming. Even with the sun still hitting the back yard, he wanted inside... NOW!

It started up light, early yesterday evening. It was almost like frozenrain, but a bit lighter. I heard it before I saw it. I assume that this was hapenning on & off for most of the night. When I got up this morning it was COLD! It was also snowing again, but melting off faster than it came down. Not anymore. That first session of slop coolded everything down. Now we've got nearly an inch within the ast two hours. It's coming down even heavier & I have a feeling that it's not going to stop until tomorrow around noon. These shots are about three houtrs old now. It really started coming down while I was over at Top Foods picking up supplies for the next week. That dictated my buying up enough soup for the next week or so. Chowder (white and red), some gumbo & a few other versions. I meant to get chili as well but I'd filled the stupid basket before I thought of it.

Right now i'm wishing I'd made the drive down to Lacy to hit Cabella's. I bet that last week or the week before they were having a sale on fleece tops. Ah fleece! That sounds pretty good. The vests are useless in these temps. I need something covering my danged shoulders & arms. I'd like some more Under Armor or something as well. That basement is going to be C-O-L-D!

No comments: