Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bummed... Seriously Bummed.

I found out this week that on top of the 10% pay cut, all technical staff at MS have been re-designated as exempt. So we're now all "all hours" employees. No extra rate for overtime. It's straight time only from now on.

Am I glad to still be working? Yes. Do I think that the company is hosing the contingency staffers as much as they possibly can on the assumption that the majority of people will grovel to keep their jobs in this horrific economy? YOU BETCHA! Darn straight they are.

I'll work this contract for as long as I can. I honestly hope that it lasts a full year. At the very least, getting nine months out of it would set me up. Then I'm going to submit my application to Orlando & hopefully leave this industry before it kills me.

No comments: