Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On another note...

Saturday I'll be testing for 3rd Class Brown belt in Combato. I've been prepping for this for the past two months... though it feels more like 6. I've had to re-learn most of the previous curriculum... not the techniques themselves but where they go in the system.

This is actually required for Black belt as well so we start working on it at 3rd brown because attempting to do so in preparation for 1st Black would make most people go insane and simply toss it in.

It would be nice to be able to reach 1st Black by October of 2012. Yeah... tough run that. I've been busy enough at the test review that I've essentially abandon the Spanish studies for right now. I'll pick them up again once I'm done with this. Pimsleur had been working fairly well up to that point. Now I'll essentially need to start over Green River also has their online Workplace Spanish & I was planning to enroll in that to augment the other tools. I'd like to have at least some basic Spanish skills before I relocate (more than cerveza & banos.

Icon sent me another invitation to attend the Advanced Executive Protection course in April in Minneapolis. I doubt that I'll be able to attend. That's short notice as it's already nearly march, it's $2k plus flight and hotel, I may be changing jobs & I need to fix my teeth & the car. :(

No comments: