Friday, March 5, 2010

Old Posts Revisted...

I was just re-reading some blog posts from last year. Very interesting stuff... from my own perspective anyhow. These were essentially my thoughts on my own life, my planned career life change and how I was looking at the process. The best are from back in une of 2009.

I had quite a bit to say about the dichotomy between goals and dreams. They are not the same thing. A dream is a TIME KILLER and a waste of ones life. It is something one does when one has abandoned hope of achieving anything beyond their current station in life.

A goal is a target, a destination, something to be achieved through a precise process. Goals are not reached through happenstance. They are not stumbled upon. THEY ARE PURSUED! You identify the required steps and you take them.

I was revisiting these for inspiration. The goal of attending EP training has been a constant but the financial issue hasn't been an easy one to solve. I've reached the required deposit level several times and then slipped back due to various, unplanned expenses... and some portion of poor financial planning.

It's time to reengage the faculties and determination that I had in the beginning. I'm getting closer to making this a reality. I knew that I'd begin getting cold feet at some point and I know that this year will be challenging for me. Writing this way and accessing the old stuff helps revitalize.

Part of the problem is being sidetracked by the things I've been doing to prepare: including the Combato training and other things. One step I need to take as soon as possible is delineating the things I need to get done to complete the application process, like getting a physical exam and having the application notarized. I'm certain that once I've submitted the application (assuming it's accepted) things will change significantly as far as my focus.

No comments: