Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Local" Updates...

Large whoop... My contract finally got renewed so I'll be there until mid-January. Then i get to takemy 100-dy break in service. So basically eight weeks left... and three of those are going to be off site because the campus is closed over the holidays. We already went through the Thanksgiving break... and I'll be hurting from that due to no pay. The weeks of Christmas and New Years are going to be the same way. So I lose three weeks of my final eight in this contract.

When the break comes I'm not certiain what I'm going to do. I don't expect that there will be a lot of manual testing positions. I haven't seen many openings for security positions. I may be trying to live off of unemployment again. I'm also considering looking hard at some home based businesses.

I would honestly prefer not to have to go back into testing at all, but I'm going ot beed to have a steady income of some kind. How I hate this industry. I really do want out of it.

I've nearly built the savings back up and I'm hopeful that I can be ready to apply for training by the end of January. After that I'll still need ot save another $3,000or more.

No comments: