Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yaye! Let the job hunt begin!

Sheesh!

Without another extension, my contract will expire about the same time I return from Vacation. (I'm tempted to cancel my vacation becausse of this... )

My rep has been e-mailing the manager for the last month or so asking about their intent. Do they wish to extend my contract? No response. We see this a lot around here; partly because people are so busy with product and team org issues, partly because of the inefficiency of the Exchange servers and peoples e-mail service dropping off of the face off the earth.

So it may be that I come back from work and have no job: cannot even get into the bulding and will possibly lose my work e-mail access before I find out whether or not I've been extended.

This doesn't really make sense because we just got an assload of tests dumped on us and barely have enough people to run them weekly as it is. We're automatically losing one more tester next month because his one-year term will be up. Then we lose another after that if she doesn't get extended. She wass hired a month or so after I was. So the entire team is disappearing one at a time.

This drops a urine soaked rag on my vacation plans. Even if I were to go anywhere I'd be completely preoccupied with the future, the fate of my job here. I may end up conducting a job search while I'm out next week. I'm probably not going to be spending any money.

It pretty much sucks! I'd like to hear one way or another... and that's what worries me. In the past, with other employees, there have been times when it was "Today's your last day." I think that's BS. If it were an issue where someone was a suspect employee then I could understand it. When it's semi-policy it's bogus.

This comes right at a time when I'm shelling out around $500 to start up in Combato again... and trying to get the savings account back up to $3500 so I can submit my applicatin to CASS for EP training next year. BOGUS I SAY!!!

No comments: